Vitamins for Promoting Hair Growth
Did you know that nutrition has a lot to do with the health of our hair? Yes, it is. So if you want to achieve healthy hair and make your hair grow faster, it’s time you take some vitamin supplements and eat right.
Many women are so engrossed with their hair. They use different shampoos and conditioners, go to beauty salons often and do so many things to their hair. The next thing you know, they’re already complaining of having bad hair and a hair that grows oh so slowly.
But all you women out there should try to look at your lifestyle first if you want to have locks that are the envy of others. Your journey towards healthy and faster growing hair should start in yourself and knowing what nutrients to take is a good start.
Remember your science lesson in the elementary grades? If you’ve forgotten all about it, it’s time to take a trip down memory lane.
The human body needs the proper nutrients to grow strong and healthy. Apart from eating the right foods such as fruits and vegetables, vitamin supplements are also essential. There are several vitamins that we all should be aware of if want to boost the growth of our hair.
The best vitamin that promotes healthy growing hair are the B vitamins or commonly known as B complex. They are made up of Vitamins B1 or thiamine, B2 or riboflavin, B3 or niacin, B5 or panthotenic acid, B6 or pyridoxine, B12, folic acid and para-aminobenzoic acid. They can be sourced from eggs, fish, milk, fresh fruit, whole grains, meat and dairy products. What’s great about the B vitamins is their being water soluble.
- Niacin or Vitamin B3 helps in the proper circulation of the blood in the scalp.
- Panthenol or Vitamin B5 prevents hair loss and promotes hair regrowth.
- Biotin helps slow the graying of hair and prevents hair loss. This is a common ingredient in shampoos and conditioners which helps in the production of keratin.
- Para-aminobenzoic acid which helps prevent hair from turning gray in the early stages of life.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 promotes health hair growth by helping in the development of red blood cells and the protective layer covering the body’s nerves.
- Inositol aids in the healthy growth of hair and hair follicles. Cereals, nuts, rice, meat, vegetables and bananas are rich in this B complex vitamin.
Vitamin E helps promote healthy skin and hair. Being an antioxidant, it helps improve blood circulation which is crucial in the maintenance of healthy hair follicles. Along with Vitamin A, this one is fat soluble which means it is stored by the body and does not require daily intake.
Vitamins A and C
These two vitamins are both antioxidants and aid in the development of healthy scalp. Vitamin A rich foods include liver and fish liver oil as well as the yellow and green leafy vegetables. Vitamin C, meanwhile, can be taken from citrus fruits and fresh vegetables.
If only we are conscious of these vitamins and make sure we have them in our daily diet, we can be sure to have great hair in tip top condition all the time.
Want to Grow your Hair Out Up to 5x Faster? Download our How to Grow Hair Fast Guide Today!